Week 3: Robotics and Art

          
         To be quite honest, there isn’t a lot that interests me in the science field. I don’t wake up and think to myself, “hmm I wonder what I’m going to learn today in science”. All throughout high school, I stayed away from science at all costs. I know that that is an awful thing to say as there is so much to be discovered and explored in science as well as it is the foundation of life as we know it, but that is just how I was.

If anything, robotics was and is the one thing that DOES get my very minimal science urges and desires flowing. It always interested me, all the seemingly impossible contraptions I would see in high school. The art and science that goes into the creation and effectivity of robotics are truly mesmerizing.

It also happens that one of my all-time favorite movies is Wall-e, which features a robot as the main character. I am not ashamed to say this kid movie is one of my favorites as it does a terrific job of combining youthfulness with the arts and sciences.
Looking up fun facts of Wall-E, I stumbled upon an article that literally stated “Real-life robots inspired the artists who developed the six robotic characters in Wall-E”. Through robotics, it can be seen how the future is now! Robots have so much to offer and it was fun to see them have emotions in this well-put together movie!




As Walter Benjamin says, “Every Day the Urge Grows Stronger to Get Hold of an Object at Very Close Range by Way of Its Likeness, Its Reproduction”.
Mechanical Reproduction can be seen as an attempt to combine art and science to understand something complex and multi-dimensional
I believe that through robotics, civilization is bridging a gap between the arts and sciences as it is putting into action the essence of cooperation. Through movies like Wall-e, Transformers, and I’m sure future movies, society will get a peek into what the future might entail and all the possibilities put forth by the combination of robotics and art. 

Sources
ArtSci_center Follow. "Industrialization Robotics." LinkedIn SlideShare. N.p., 16 Feb.        
           2011. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

Editors, SheKnows. "It's Wall-E Movie Trivia Time!" SheKnows. N.p., 12 Jan. 2012. Web. 
           23 Apr. 2017.

Every Day the Urge Grows Stronger to Get Hold of an Object at Very Close Range by Way of 
                   Its Likeness, Its Reproduction. New York: Dexter Sinister, 2008. Print.

FunCorp. "THIS. IS. HILARIOUS." IFunny. TheIceGod, 23 Apr. 2015. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

"WALL•E." Pixar Wiki. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Apr. 2017.

Comments

  1. I also don't prefer science as one of my favorite subjects but the new stuff I learned this week about robotics gave myself a new opinion. Also Wall-e is one of my favorite robot movies, which I used in my blog post as well. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Math + Art

Week Eight: NanoTech & Art

Week Six: BioTechnology & Art